Privacy Is Important To Us
Direct Auto Detailing respects the privacy of personal information. All our staff are required to read this policy and understand their responsibilities when dealing with personal information.
In this policy:
sensitive information refers to information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, trade and professional memberships, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information;
personal information refers to any information or an opinion whether true or not, from which an individual’s identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained
Our Privacy Principles
Direct Auto Detailing is bound by the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (the Act). We have adopted internal policies and procedures to ensure that your personal information is dealt with in accordance with the NPPs. You can see the full text of the NPPs online at www.privacy.gov.au
We may need to collect personal information about you and others including names, addresses, phone numbers and other contact details, age, sex, hobbies and other personal information about you or others.
We need to collect personal information so we are able to:
· identify our customers and potential customers, and their authorised representatives;
· inform individuals of marketing initiatives we think may be of interest to them;
· provide goods, services or other benefits to be offered to customers;
· conduct our business in a professional and efficient manner; and
· develop and implement initiatives to improve products and services we offer.
If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may be unable to do business with you or others.
Where possible we will collect personal information directly from the individual concerned. However, an individual’s representatives may hold personal information (eg, bank account details or a credit reference) that we may need to access for particular dealings or other purposes. Where we are at liberty to do so, we will use our best endeavours to seek an individual’s consent before obtaining their personal information from third parties.
Personal information may be collected by us when:
· we are contacted about our products and services, in person or over the telephone;
· we negotiate and enter into business transactions;
· we provide products and services; or
· we respond to an inquiry, where we consider personal details are required or appropriate to fulfil the query.
Personal information will usually be recorded or up-dated in our records, each time we have contact with or from the individual concerned.
Any additional purpose for the collection (not included in this policy) will be identified when we collect personal information, or as soon as practicable afterwards.
We generally do not need to collect “sensitive information” (as defined in the Act) about individuals. However, where we are at liberty to do so, and it is practicable to do so, we will seek the consent of the individual concerned before collecting their sensitive information and inform them of the purpose at the same time.
We may use personal information:
· to identify individuals and protect them from unauthorised access to their personal information, accounts or
services in our control;
· to improve our services to you or others;
· to inform you or others of our marketing initiatives and product offerings;
· to prevent or lessen a threat to a person’s life or health;
· where disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable
· for the purpose for which it was collected, or for a related purpose (or a directly related purpose in the case of
sensitive information) that the individual concerned would reasonably expect from us,
· to provide data in connection with the sale, other dealing or proposed dealing of or with our business or any
· for other purposes permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
Except where indicated above, we will not disclose personal information to a third party unless:
· there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a threat to your life
or health or that of another person;
· the disclosure is to a related body corporate;
· the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable
· the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
Our web site
When you visit our site a cookie may be placed on your machine. Where you have visited us before, the cookie may be read each time you re-visit our site. We do not use this technology to access your personal information and you cannot be personally identified from a cookie, unless you are a registered user authorised to deal with us through any online B2B or B2C portal we may make available from time to time.
If you choose not to have your browser accept cookies from our site, you will still be able to view the text on the screens.
If you are a registered user authorised to deal with us through any online B2B or B2C portal we may make available from time to time, your use of the portal and our site will be linked back to your personal information stored on our database and you will in this way be personally identified.
We may use personal information to advise the individual concerned of new services and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to them. This may include special product offerings, sale brochures, catalogues and general information about Direct Auto Detailing.
Those who prefer not to receive information about our products or services can contact our Privacy Officer to be removed from the relevant circulation list. Contact details for our Privacy Officer appear at the end of this policy.
We never disclose personal information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or service on an individual, unless they have expressly consented to that disclosure.
We may require written confirmation of a request to be removed from our circulation list, for example where legislation requires us to provide particular communications to the individual concerned.
Correction of Records
We ask that you tell us of any changes to the personal information we hold about you. We can be notified at any time to update personal information or to be told that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
We will then take reasonable steps to investigate the request and, if considered appropriate, correct the information in the manner requested. If we consider that the personal information we retain does not require amendment, we will annotate the request on our files.
The protection of personal information is a priority for Direct Auto Detailing.
We are committed to maintaining:
· safeguards to protect personal information against unauthorised use, disclosure, access, alteration,
destruction and accidental loss. All personal information we hold is dealt with in accordance with the NPPs;
· industry standards for the security and protection of information. Personal information is stored securely and
access is restricted to authorised personnel only. Our computer systems require access passwords, and
these are kept secure by our personnel; and
· internal policies on management of personal information, and staff training to ensure compliance with these
policies. All our staff are required to read this policy and understand their responsibilities in relation to
Access to Personal Information
We will generally allow an individual access to any personal information that we hold about them on request - subject to any Restrictions on Access. We will try to give the individual concerned access in a form and manner that suits their needs.
To request access please contact our Privacy Officer. Contact details for our Privacy Officer appear at the end of this policy.
Restrictions on Access
We are entitled to restrict access to personal information in accordance with the NPPs.
You may not be allowed access to personal information we hold where access would reveal evaluative information generated by us in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process. Instead, we may give you an explanation for the decision, rather than direct access to the information.
If we have given you such an explanation and you believe that direct access to the evaluative information is necessary to provide a reasonable explanation of the reasons for the decision, we will, at your request, review the decision. Personnel other than the original decision-maker will conduct the review.
Wherever direct access by you is impractical or inappropriate, we should consider together whether the use of a mutually agreed intermediary would allow sufficient access to meet both our needs and concerns.
Other instances where it may not be appropriate to provide you with access to the personal information we hold, include where:
· providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual;
· providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of others;
· the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
· the information relates to an anticipated or existing legal dispute and disclosure would compromise our
position or the position of others.
Charges for Access
An individual will incur no charges for lodging a request to access personal information. However, we may levy a reasonable charge for providing the access. We will provide an estimate of any charge on request, or if it appears to us that the work will be onerous or otherwise warrants a charge.
We do not transfer personal information overseas.
Changes to our Policy
We may update or change this policy. When we do so, we will publish the current policy on our web site at www.directautodetailing.com.au.
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that personal information is treated appropriately.
If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with the NPPs or this policy, please speak to us so that we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
The person to contact is our Privacy Officer, whose contact details appear at the end of this policy.
Our Privacy Officer will manage the following process for us to:
· listen to your concerns and grievances regarding our handling of personal information;
· discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation;
and put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if
If this process does not result in an outcome that is satisfactory to you, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner’s Office. We will work together with the Privacy Commissioner’s Office to resolve the issues between us.
The contact details for the Privacy Commissioner’s Office are as follows:
Street address: Level 8, Piccadilly Tower, 133 Castlereagh Street Sydney NSW 2000.
Telephone 1300 363 992 (for the cost of a local call anywhere in Australia)
TTY 1800 620 241
Post GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 1042
Facsimile +61 2 9284 9666
Further information about privacy and your rights can be obtained at the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au
If you wish to access any personal information that we hold about you, or have a query about this policy, please contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
The Privacy Officer
Direct Auto Detailing
22 Pank Parade
Blacktown NSW 2148
Phone: +61 2 9621 2384
DIRECT AUTO DETAILING
Phone: 0414 665 861 I Email: email@example.com I Copyright © 1995 - 2014 Direct Auto Detailing. All rights reserved
Exceeding Your Expectations Throughout The Hills & Sydney Metropolitan Area
Specialising in Exotic Sports - Prestige - Luxury - Show & Muscle Cars